Thursday, April 28, 2016

Tuesdays With Morrie Pt.II


Prompt-Based on the 6 Tuesdays you have read about in Tuesdays with Morrie, choose which topic (The World, Feeling Sorry For Yourself, Regrets, Death, Family, or Emotions) that has had the most impact on you or inspired you. On your blog discuss the importance of this topic with your own opinions, including textual evidence (direct quotes) from the book.

Since I have started reading 'Tuesdays With Morrie', the most inspirational topic/Tuesday has been 'Feeling Sorry For Yourself. This topic has really had an impact on me in a number of ways. I am a person who tends to feel sorry for myself in many ways. I have two half siblings and a step dad (meaning my parents are divorced). I tend to think that I have a reason to feel sorry for myself since I don't have an 'ideal' life. After reading about Morries experiences it has made me feel sorry for myself less often.

When Morrie found out he had ALS he felt the pain of not only himself but of others as well. He feels sorry for himself but only allows himself to feel sorry for himself for a short amount of time. On page.57, Morrie states "I give myself a good cry if I need it. But then I concentrate on all the good things still in my life." This really impacted him. It made me think about how Morrie had such a terrible thing happen to him and not focus on it. This made me think about how I can allow myself to feel self-pity but also think about how many things are going well for me and how I should appreciate my own life just as Morrie did. 





No comments:

Post a Comment