Friday, April 8, 2016

3rd Quarter Relfection

Prompt-In what area do you think you made your biggest improvements in English Language Arts? 
 What is something you have accomplished this quarter that you are proud of? What has been the most challenging part of 3rd Quarter for you and what did/can you do to help overcome this?

One area that I believe I have had the biggest improvement in was in writing. I think this because when I look at writing pieces from last quarter and beyond, I see a huge positive change. I have gotten better in writing in TIQA format for narrative and informational writing. For example I see a huge positive change in writing informational text. Before this quarter I packed the skill to write informatively and would often include my opinion when not needed. Since learning to to properly write this quarter I have improved very much.

Something that I accomplished this quarter that I am very proud is reading a lot of different kinds of books. Over the last quarter I have read many genres of books. Some include biography, fiction, historical fiction, and cult classics. I am proud of this because when it comes to reading I am very picky in what I want to read. To have read such different kinds of books makes me proud of myself for changing my ways. Related to this I am proud that I chose to read different genres because I finally read 'Valley Of The Dolls', which ended up being my favorite book.

The most challenging part of the 3rd quarter for me was reading my books for Battle Of The Books. This was challenging for me because there have been many other books that I wanted to read/read (Valley Of The Dolls, Renasaince Spook, Lolita etc.) that were distracting me from the books that I needed to read. I overcame this by using two methods. These methods include not touching the free choice books until I read the books that needed to be read and by not looking into the free choice books until I read what was needed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment