Monday, May 23, 2016

Speech-This I Believe

'You Have To Be Your Biggest Believer'

In this world you constantly hear cheesy mantras and quotes about how you need to ‘Believe In 
Yourself!’. Everyone has heard these phrases hundreds of times. But the truth is that I didn't believe in myself and I still struggle to. That was until I found the quote that changed the way I think. ‘You have to be your biggest believer.’  My biggest passion in life is music. I’ve loved music for many years before I decided to pursue it. For years I pushed the idea out of my mind. That changed when I found self belief. 

One day last year I was listening to an interview that my favorite musician gave. I heard them say, ‘You have to be your biggest believer.’ I learned that you can't be scared to follow your own dreams. After this, I didn't want to hide my dream from myself anymore, just because I found it stupid. I wanted to be known, admired, but above all, I wanted to be an artist. 

I admitted to not only myself that I have a serious dream, but to others as well. Yet, I felt as if I'd never make it and some people thought this as well. Each time I felt defeated, the quote would form in my mind. I have to be my biggest believer. Everyone has dreams that they think are embarrassing, stupid or far fetched, I know I do, but in reality these dreams are attainable. Attainable by believing in yourself before expecting others to believe in you.You have to follow your dreams, only then will people start to believe in you. This is why I believe that you have to be your own biggest believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment