Friday, February 12, 2016

The Storm By Jirka Polak

The Storm By Jirka Polak

The heavens sense our burden
the threat of future downpours 
I carry on my back.
We are drunk on wine vinegar. 
The nearing storm rouses me,
it makes me want to shake the world.

We are an assembly of misery.
If our hands are bloody, 
it is from the blood of our own wounds. 
The grotesque scars 
we bear on our bodies 
testify to battles fought 
that went unrecognized. 

But the next storm will unfurl our flag 
and uproot the rotted trees! 
Then we, together with the gusting wind,
will scale Spilberk's heights, 
and stand in victory on the peaks of cliffs,
our hair blowing freely in the wind.

3 comments:

  1. Hey bud. I really like the tag that described why you used those materials and their importance. I personally wouldn't think of that and I don't think anyone else did either. That is unique, so cool. Anyway, I noticed we used the same video to show how propaganda was used. When I watched it I was shocked how badly they gave false hope to the Jews and other minority groups. Overall great job, I just think you need a little bit more of interpretation on some of them. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Mariza, I really liked how you added your poem in because not many people did. I liked how you added lots of colors and the felt area with the jewish star. This really helped show how you took a lot of time to work on your butterfly and how you worked really hard by the looks of it. One thing that I would recommend is to add your thinglink in as a html that way we don't have to go back and fourth besides that nice job. (btw love your blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Mariza! Thanks for putting your poem inside your post because, as Justin said, not many people did. One thing I would suggest is to embed your thinglink into your blog post so we don't have to go back and forth between tabs to write the comments. Your Jewish star looks amazing by using the felt to create the flag. I also like that you included why you did certain parts of the butterfly a color or used a certain supply item. Also how you used textual evidence to support certain parts inside your butterfly.

    ReplyDelete