Friday, January 22, 2016

2nd Quarter Reflection

 The school year is now officially half over. Over this school year I have done so much in this class.

So far in my forty book challenge j haven't read as much as I would have wanted to. After reading To Kill A Mockingbird in class I decided to read Malalas book. I had been wanting to read this book for a long while but hadn't had the time. Once I sat down and read it it turned out to be a great book and worth the wait. One of my biggest improvements this quarter I believe would be the ability to proof read and correct writing. I had previously been fairly good at this but since editing our TKAM thematic essays and writing our AOW's I have really grown in this skill. Something else I've improved is my ability to analyze text, from the word choice to the tone of the text. Something else that I feel has improved this quarter are my blogs. Since the second quarter started I've written about five blogs and I can tell that my organization skills and writing skills have improved a lot.

Something that was very challenging for me this quarter was not procrastinating. I am constantly putting work off until the last minute and have received two fouls for incompletion. Something that I could do to improve this is to physically write down the work that needs to be done and separate blocks of time for my work to be done. I believe that despite having flaws in my work ethic I have improved in my research skills. I believe that I have improved my research skills because I have gotten better and quicker in researching our root words and researching things mentioned in text. 







1 comment:

  1. I love Malala's book! Malala is most inspiring and I hope I get to meet her one day. Have you seen her documentary?

    ReplyDelete