Friday, December 18, 2015

To Kill A Mockingbird

Prompt: What you are reading is going to be made into a movie. Make a list five
characters, what famous actor will play each character and what about the
character makes that actor the best choice for the part.

The first actor I would choose would be for the part of Atticus Finch.The actor I would choose would be Sir Ian McKellen. I would choose him to play this role because of the previous roles he's played. In movies like the "Lord Of The Rings" series, he has played the role of a wise character, such a Gandalf The Grey (and White). In these roles he usually is the one who other characters look to for knowledge and advice and in "To Kill A Mockingbird" the character that others look to for advice and knowledge would be Atticus. 

The second actor I would choose would be for the character of Jem (Jeremy) Finch. The actor I would choose would be Thomas Brodie-Sangster. I would choose him to play the role of Jem mostly because of the quality of being a teenage boy. But also due to the role he played in "The Maze Runner" as Newt, i would choose this because both the characters of Jem and Newt are very energetic and opinionated


The third actor I would choose would be for the character of Scout (Jean Louise) Finch. The actor I would choose would be a very young Rowan Blanchard. I would pick her because in all he roles she plays she is always a feminist and accepting, just like the character of Scout. Due to his I feel she would appropriately play the role of Scout Finch. 


The fourth actress I would choose would be for the role of Calpurnia. The actress I would choose would be Viola Davis. I would pick Viola Davis due to her role in the movie "The Help", where you plays the role of a maid and nanny for a white family in the South in the 1960's. Davis's role is this movie is almost identical to the role of Calpurnia in TKAM therefore I believe she would portray the character Calpurnia very well.


Lastly, the actor I would choose would be for the role of Boo (Arthur) Radley. The actor I would choose would be Jack Nicholson. I would choose Nicholson for this role do to his role in the 1980 film, "The Shining". In "The Shining" Nicholson plays a father plagued with insanity causing him to murder. In the story Boo is thought to be a murdering psychopath, and is described as sort of hollow and demented looking so I feel that Nicholson would really fit the characteristics of Boo Radley but also the role Boo has in the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment